Monday, June 18, 2007

From The Other Side

I've admired the cuisine for so long and it was time to be viewing and enjoying it from the other side! Last week I went to dine at Abode with my friends. We decided to have the tasting menu and my chef did an amazing job. It blew our minds away!!

Since I work there, I kind of knew what to expect but wow, I guess Chef changed it up for us because I had an unexpected fabulous experience!

We started off with an amuse bouche of cilantro lychee sorbet. Next up was Carrot soup with a sea urchin carrot emulsion. On the side was a fried blue cheese and fennel ball. Great combination!

The langostine course was so tasty. I wasn't expecting a dish I hadn't seen. It was amazing. We had started on our 2nd bottle of wine by now...our table was happily enjoying every minute. Next course was the Halibut. It was also prepared in a way I had never seen. The fish was perfectly cooked. So juicy and moist. Every portion was just perfect.

My favorite course was the beef tenderloin. Oh my gosh...so tender, cooked to perfection. Served with a sweet red pepper jus and squid stuffed with paella. Wow. My friends just couldn't stop talking about this course. Our red wine was the perfect balance and we savored each bite!

Before our dessert course, Chef brought out a plate of cheese and we opened a bottle of sweet dessert wine. We were so happy that I think we giggled thru the entire cheese course with a lot of wow and hmmmm. I love the lavender compote and candied pecans that came with it. I love cheese and wine so it was the perfect dessert for me...then the dessert course came out. Our famous chocolate souffle egg, rum gelee with coconut lime creme, banana mango croquette and the bacon & thyme ice cream. I asked for some of the pink peppercorn ice cream with the candied pink peppercorns so that my friends could try it. It was so good!

Overall we had such a great time and I was so happy my friends love the restaurant as much as I do. Chef was great, visiting us and making every guest feel like a VIP. It was definitely one of the best meal I've ever had in LA. It's no wonder that Gayot.com voted Abode as one of LA's hottest restaurants!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So work has bogged you down lately ?

Kat said...

Yeah...work has been crazy...we've been in so many magazines and tv...it's non stop! I promise to write more!!