Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Playing with Ice Creams

I feel like I have an obsession with trying out different flavors of ice cream. I see it as a blank canvas which you can create anything you want. I'm so glad that Chef encourages us to try out our recipes. Every time I find a new interesting recipe, I want to try it out. When it turns out the way I imagine I feel so great. There are times when it doesn't come out quite the way I had envisioned so I try again. If it still doesn't taste or the texture isn't what I'm looking for then I'll try to modify it until it works. Keeps the brainstorm going!

My recent play was a bacon & egg ice cream. I wasn't sure about it at first since it's so far out there but after I made it, the initial tasting of the ice cream was AWESOME! I can't believe how good it is. Given it is kind of weird for some people to comprehend but for the adventurous, it's one of the best ice cream flavors out there! Sweet & a little salty. Delicious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....so its abit like eating a cold big breakast ? we are getting to the point where we are eating processed meal - i am sure in a couple of years time, you'll find processed bacon/egg/cream served cold from your local super market. yum!

my friend thinks your insane....please indulge us and not lose us.

What are your favourite classic desert ?

Kat said...

My fav classic dessert is creme brulee. I love the texture and the temperature of the dessert. I went to culinary school because my friends loved my creme brulee so much. They would eat 8 of them at a time.

My latest ice cream craze was a Bacon & Thyme ice cream and also a pink peppercorn Ice cream. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.