Friday, April 20, 2007

Our Desserts

So far we have 5 desserts on the menu. I know we will be adding at least one more. I think we are also planning on some Mignardise but haven't decided on what yet. Hopefully by next week we'll decide on what petit fours to make and serve.

So far I think our most popular dessert is the Chocolate Study. 5 different chocolate desserts that incorporate the different texture, taste and temperature. Definitely the best dessert for any chocoholic....like me!

I love our Pina Colada Float, it's is such a unique dessert and people never expect it. The tastes combined is unbelievable.

The citrus dessert is great for everyone, it's light and delicious. Different citrus are served in a sweet and sour sauce with vanilla yogurt mousse. Of course there is a delicious ice cream on there too!

Our take on the chocolate tart is so innovative. The ice cream that is paired with the tart is my favorite. The chocolate is so decadent. I can eat it all day!

The Banana Mango Croquettes are great...I love how everything looks on the plate. I love all the ice cream and sauces we've made that pairs so well with each dessert.

These are not your usually desserts. It's art on a plate. It's like a journey thru taste. I love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

first question: what is the differences between mignardise and petit fours.

second question: banana mango croquettes (i am thinking impossible ,with my limited tasting experience), i am thinking croquette = deepfried crunchy savoury bite size nuggets. how is banana mango croquette possible ?

i am full of questions - maybe when i make some of these i'll understand.

nonetheless, the rest of the menu sounds like out of this world. 6 variation of chocolate = bliss, and a bad set of teeth.

Kat said...

Haa haa, first question - petit fours are usually served as Mignardise. Mignardise are little bite size treats usually served when the Check is brought to the table. To sweeten the check I guess.

2nd Question - Yes they are fried and they are a little bigger than bite size. It is possible because we mix the 2 fruits together with other seasonings and then they are frozen before frying.

Chocolate is always good...no matter what ways they are served.